Random stuff

This post is pretty much just showing a few photos that I thought interesting.

On the evening of 4 November Frances mentioned that the moon was both full and bright.  By the time I had got outside to check this, cloud had come over - but I think these two snaps are quite evocative of something.

 On the 5th I managed to get into a position from which I could see one of the two Tawny Frogmouth chicks sharing the nest with Dad.
The breaking news of the Froggies is a a loud bang on our lounge window at about 0545 on the 6th.  Going out to look at the deck I found Dad Frogmouth sitting there.  He flew off back to the nest.  Judging by the "hard" sound of the strike I think it was his claws (talons?) hitting the window as he made a moth's morning as bad as possible.

Later on the 5th we went for an outing to Kelly's Swamp.  This was fairly quiet for a while until I noticed this Latham's Snipe standing on the shoreline of an island.
Then a Baillon's Crake wandered by, followed eventually by a Spotless Crake.  Needless to say I had put the camera away by that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules