The wash-up final part

I write this at 15:56 Eastern Australian Central Time.  I have rarely been so depressed.

In Australia the greatest act of political treachery was probably the then Govenor-General, John Kerr dismissing Prime Minister Gough Whitlam.  I suspect the American equivalent will be the messages from James Comey, Director FBI, about 10 days before the election, fomenting the email issue for Ms Clinton..

After his dismissal Gough Whitlam said "God save the Queen, because nothing will save the Govenor General.".  I think saving America (and the rest of us) from Trump will be beyond even His abilities.

Comments

Ian Fraser said…
Amen - not something I've said for a very long time...
Flabmeister said…
Agreed Ian. When I have ceased being violently sick to my stomach I will compile a list of things Trump has said he will do, which he won't be able to do. It won't do any good, but might make me feel better.

Martin
Mary Chamie said…
Thanks for this, Martin. Michael Moore's "To Do" list is a healthy antidote: http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/michael-moore-morning-after-do-list.

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.