A (very) belated mention of Daffodil Day

As I walked around the garden (and indoors) admiring the daffodils I thought to wonder when Daffodil Day would be?  Oops: it was was 23 August: I guess that is what happens when you spend more time in the garden than the shopping malls.

So, 11 days late, here are some photos of our daffodils and their relatives.  The first 4 images are just snaps from the garden.



 Frances has also used some of them as cut flowers inside the house.   This first lot are in the dining area, with one of our big Tinga-tinga paintings from Tanzania in the background
 The other blossom here is plum, rather than cherry, but it does fit quite nicely with the woodcuts on the wall.
 The item on the wall here is a Kyrghiz whip, acquired on a work trip.  This is in our sunroom, despite thegloomy appearance of the stairs.
These are jonquils rather than daffodils and very heavily scented.  This caused a small amount of concern as I didn't recognise the aroma and wondered if it was some wiring getting hot.  After much sniffing, by me, of various appliances Frances pointed out reality!  Obviously my sense of smell is even worse than my eyesight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.