Rosellas in the birdbath

I have mentioned our birdbath in a number of posts starting in March.   Yesterday evening three immature (ie greenish) Crimson Rosellas flew in and, being the obliging birds they are, flew off before I could photograph them.  This morning (11 April 2011) two adults came for a bathe and I was was able to get a few snaps.

I'll start with a straightforward shot of one of them.
Next we have the pair.  A possible title could be "Shower with a friend - nearby".  The bath didn't seem quite big enough for them both to fit in together.
Back in the 60s the phrase 'shower with a friend' was generally preceded by the exhortation "Save Water".  This Rosella has obviously not remembered that - possibly proving it fully experienced the 60s!
Of course after you have bathed you put on the deodorant.  I suggest not using a brand that does this to the subpectoral area (unless you are in a punk band in which case it might be - or become  -de rigeur).
Then you have a good scratch of the hard-to-get-at-bits.  I am having great difficulty in working out which claw is visible in this image: I am quite sure I can't get either of my legs into that position!

Comments

Denis Wilson said…
Nice sequence of images, and accompanying story.
I have been amazed that my Crimsons do not mind wet grass.
Cheers
Denis

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.