Variations on a theme of Daffodils

I have commented elsewhere (for example here) about Frances' great work in planting a host of golden daffodils.  Today I just took photographs of the ones that were not simply golden King Alfreds (although we do have a bunch of them).  I must also confess that I wasn't lonely at all, let alone like a cloud, when I took the snaps as I had a small black and white smiler to keep me company.

After the first year Frances has purchased mixed packets of bulbs from Hancocks, her preferred supplier.  As the following images show, they are certainly a mixture!  Of course one doesn't know what is which so it is always a nice surpise when they come up!

Comments

Denis Wilson said…
Hancocks are great suppliers.
Their "specials" are mixed bags (literally) of unusual plants which never quite made the show table.
But judges are very fussy people.
I like many of yours.
#1,2, (split or flattened cup ones);
#5 is truly bizarre, but no doubt a fine specimen of its type.
I like #6 particularly, and #7 is excellent deep orange and gold.
Good fun plants.
Denis

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Maslins beach rules