An excuse vanishes

Not having had my eyes tested for many years (possibly 15) I decided - following some guidance from Frances - to do so. I went to an optometrist in Canberra - Andrew Watkins - who gets good reviews to see what he could find out. In essence my long vision was much the same as before but my short vision (eg reading) could be improved.

This was taken to indicate multifocal lenses. I had previously been wary of these because I couldn't believe they worked. Anyway I ordered a pair of Zeiss lenses - apparently the best one can get which include a sunglass function (now called 'transitions' -presumably because the average bogan, like the Blogger spellchecker, can't spell photochromatic).

They are fantastic. So I have now lost an excuse for all the gross typos in my emails and these posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of the West (part 1)

Insects from pine trees

Satin Bowerbird gets ready for Lanigans Ball.